2 lbs ground beef
1 can Hunts diced tomatoes (any flavor you like) (Optional)
2 envelopes Lipton Mushroom Onion Soup Mix
1 envelope Brown Gravy mix
1 can/jar Campbell’s Gravy (Mushroom or Brown or Onion)
3 Cups of your favorite veggies (Frozen or Fresh)
1 box (2 envelopes) Betty Crocker instant potatoes any flavor
Preheat oven to 350.
1. In large skillet, brown ground beef, seasoning with salt and pepper.
2. Once meat is brown, drain excess grease (if any). Add Soup Mix and powdered Gravy. Add a little water if needed. Stir.
3. Add canned tomatoes. Reduce heat to low and let simmer. (Skip if not using tomatoes)
4. Prepare instant potatoes according to directions on the box.
5. Layer your meat mix in the bottom of a casserole dish (2 dishes if you are like me and only have small one’s).
6. Pour jar of gravy over meat and spread.
7. Sprinkle your veggies over the gravy.
8. Scoop taters from pot and dump on top. Use a fork to carefully work it out from the center to the edges. It doesn’t have to be perfect, and don’t worry if you occasionally get veggies stuck on it.
9. Bake in oven 15-20 minutes, or until the peaks your fork made in the potatoes start to brown.
Serve. Super yummy, and super filling.
Recipe by Lisa Bradley