2lbs of Chicken, cubed
1lb of Shrimp, shelled, tail off
1 8oz package of cream cheese, cubed
1 can Rotell
1 can Green Chile enchilada sauce
6 Flour/Corn Tortillas
Shredded Cheese of your choice (I prefer the Mexican blends)
1 Enchilada pan
1 can sliced black olives
Chopped green onion to taste.
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 and grease pan.
2. Cook chicken/shrimp until done. Add salt and pepper if desired.
3. Add cream cheese and Rotell. Simmer on medium until cheese is melted and its well blended.
4. Set mixture aside 10 minutes to cool so sauce thickens.
5. Spoon mixture into tortillas. Add olives and green onion. Roll and place seam side down in pan. Repeat til pan is full.
6. Spoon any left over chicken/shrimp mixture on top of enchilada’s. Pour Green Chile sauce on top and sprinkle with cheese.
7. Place in oven (center rack) for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted.
Allow to sit for 5 minutes and serve. No need for sour creme, salsa or guacamole. (But you can have them if you want.)
Recipe by Lisa Bradley